Cardiac Friends was founded in 2001,with the aim of:
- Offering support to those with heart problems and their relatives wherever possible.
- Encouraging members to help and support one another.
- Organising activity groups.
- Promoting the formation of new friendships through social activities.
- Encouraging and maintaining a ‘healthy living’ philosophy.
- Having fun and laughing with others.
We are an atypical support organisation in not having monthly meetings with a speaker; instead we have a variety of activity groups.
We send out a newsletter three times a year to maintain contact with all our members and to keep everyone in the picture as to ‘anything new’ being arranged.
The various groups are organised by either a member of the committee or someone in the group who has an interest in that particular activity.
We are known for being a very friendly lot promoting mutual enjoyment.